Over two hours of essential skills and techniques from beginners onwards
Top-level climber and coach Neil Gresham teams up with Libby Peter – an experienced Mountain Guide and climbing instructor – to bring you the very latest in rock climbing skills and techniques.
Whether you’re venturing onto rock for the first time or getting more adventurous with your climbing, this film will provide both instruction and inspiration including ropework skills and movement techniques from basic to advanced, tackling single and multi-pitch climbs and how to prepare for mountain and sea-cliff adventures.
Neil and Libby introduce the essential skills progressively whilst also taking you on a tour of some of the UK’s classic venues including Swanage, Stanage, the Roaches, Dinas Cromlech and Gogarth.
1. FIRST STEPS
- Choosing a venue, using trad gear & making belays
- Top-roping & abseiling
2. MOVING ON ROCK
- Better use of handholds and footholds
- Movement skills for slabs, steeper walls and different features
3.SINGLE PITCH LEADING
- Choosing a route and venue
- Gearing up and tips for placing runners and belaying
4. MOVING ON WITH LEADING
- Double ropes, traversing
- Coping with features on lead including cracks and jamming
- Dealing with cruxes and taking falls
5. MULTI-PITCH LEADING
6. SEA CLIFFS
- Venue selection, gear and route finding tips
- Belay tactics and the descent